The 2019 Sterling-Silver Crown and Tickey set includes an R2 crown-sized coin, a 2 ½c Tickey coin and a stunning Sterling-Silver model of the Ranger 9 spacecraft and has a mintage of only 700 sets.
- Set includes an R2 crown-sized coin, a 2 1/2c Tickey coin and a stunning Sterling Silver model of the Ranger 9 spacecraft.
- Contains 1.04 oz of fine Silver.
- Complete with a walnut wood box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse R2: Depicts the Coat of Arms of South Africa, the year of issue and the words "South Africa" in all the official languages.
- Obverse 2 1/2c Tickey: Depicts a king protea, the words ‘South Africa’ and the year ‘2019.
- Reverse R2: Depicts the earth as seen from a vantage point above the moon. The earth is shown from an angle that clearly displays the continent of Africa, with South Africa prominently in the foreground. The Apollo 11 module, as well as lunar lander, also appears with the dates 1964 and 1965 (the years of the Ranger missions), 1969 (the year of the first moon landing) and 2019 (the year in which the 50th anniversary of the first lunar landing will be commemorated). Reverse 2 1/2 c Tickey: Features a portion of Africa, with South Africa prominently displayed in the foreground, together with the surface of the moon. Also depicted is the Ranger spacecraft (which crashed on the moon) along with the initials ‘GMP’ in acknowledgment of the inventor of polymer putty, George Montague Pratley, and the denomination.
The 2019 South Africa Inventions theme features the history, invention and development of polymer putty as well as its journey to the moon. Invented by South African George Montague (Monty) Pratley, the world famous Pratley Putty was developed in the 1960s as an insulator and an adhesive agent for fixing brass terminals which were located inside cast iron cable junction boxes.
Although we are an online shop that can accept order anytime of the day. We still rely on our courier service hours to be able to dispatch.
Our delivery times are open from 9am till 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Delivery can take 2 to 3 working days for them to arrive at the destination. If you don't receive your delivery by then, please send us a mail and we will follow up with the delivery company.
For all orders placed and paid for with a credit/debit card, the following day will be considered the first working day.
If you made an order via EFT, please allow 2 working days for the money to reflect before we are able to dispatch.
|Standard Shipping||0kg – 5kg||R 110|
|Heavy Rate Shipping||5kg – 20kg||R 300,00|
|Free Shipping||R9 999,00 and up||Free|
Should you have any enquiry please contact us at: email@example.com
***Please note we continue to improve what we can offer our clients. The following fees might change in the future, but it would most likely be less and not more.